VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woody Paige is a man amongst men...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lono

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Woody Paige is a man amongst men... Reply with quote

Woody Paige and another guy from "Cold Pizza" have gotten themselves into trouble for alleged sexual harassment of a makeup artist. Some of the allegations are priceless. Enjoy.

Quote:
June 29, 2007 -- Things could get sizzling hot for the hosts of ESPN's former morning show "Cold Pizza" - a makeup artist has accused them of getting too saucy on the set.

Rita Ragone says anchor Jay Crawford and commentator Woody Paige groped the show's staff, demanded lap dances as perks of the job, and repeatedly propositioned her for sex, according to a shocking sexual-harassment suit filed yesterday in Manhattan federal court.

Ragone - a Bronx makeup artist to the stars who counts Angelina Jolie, Sharon Stone and Susan Sarandon among her clients - claims complaints were discouraged by supervisors, who told her to "stop rocking the boat" and ultimately fired her.

The lawsuit accuses Paige of grabbing Ragone's butt at least three times - in one case so hard that the makeup artist went airborne.

"Paige grabbed her butt so forcefully, Ragone, quite startled, was propelled forward and into the air," says the suit, which also accuses Paige of repeatedly rubbing the makeup artist's back and thighs and stroking her hair.

In Crawford's case, the anchor once went so far as to "force" Ragone into the corner of a room, "breathing on her" and telling her he "wanted her," court papers state.

Ragone, who worked at the show from February 2005 to April 2006, said women from the hair and wardrobe department fed the fire by indulging Crawford and Paige in their advances - sitting on their laps and sometimes giving Paige lap dances.

"I vehemently deny the allegations and look forward to answering her claims," said Crawford, who currently anchors ESPN's "First Take," which replaced "Cold Pizza" in May 2007.

"It's not true," said Paige, who writes a sports column for the Denver Post.

Ragone claims she endured a daily barrage of vulgarity from the pair, who asked, "Wanna see what's in my pants?" "Wanna f- - -?" and "Can you give me a h- - -job today?"

Crawford allegedly said, "I don't care if you can do makeup or not, the only reason that you got the job here is because you're hot."

In October 2005, Paige loudly said, "Rita looks like she's really good at giving b- - -jobs. Imagine that face between your legs," according to the suit.

Paige routinely told Ragone "sit right here" while "tapping his hand on his lap near his genital area," court papers state - and asked, "Do you think I have a big one because I'm a big guy?"

Clothing was not required at "Cold Pizza," where Ragone once saw Paige without his pants standing in front of the open door to his office.

Ragone is seeking unspecified damages for a hostile work environment, retaliatory discharge and other claims from ESPN, Crawford and Paige, as well as Atlantic Video, the production company that employed her, and two supervisors.

Now I know that sexual harassment is no laughing matter, but c'mon... this shit is hilarious. You just had to know that Woody Paige was this type of guy.

-Paulie Walnuts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum