VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rounders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike McDermott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Rounders Reply with quote

Mike McDermott:

"I'm gonna raise. A thousand straight."

Teddy KGB:

"Very aggressive! A new man. And you won't be pushed around. But.... I re-raise. $5 thousand!"

Mike McDermott:

"Doyle Brunson says the key to no limit is to put a man to a decision for all his chips. Teddy's just done that. He's representing aces. The only hand better than my cowboys. I can't call and let him catch. I can only fold, if I believe him ..... or ...... I'M ALL IN!"
Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Defining moment in the movie Reply with quote

This is gonna be a little butchered, but this scene is the reason I got into poker so much:

Mike McDermott: I'm at the Taj and it's late. And Johnny Chan walks in. And everybody stops. You know, a world champion. And theres not a crap table going because all of the tourist are over there watching. And some of them are playing, but their giving away their chips just to say, "I played with a World Champion!"

And you know what I did?

Kanish: What?

Mike: I sat down?

Kanish: No, you need 50-60 grand to play right in that game.

Mike: Well I had 6, but I had to find out!

Kanish: So, what happened?

Mike: I played tight. Folded mostly. Until I made a score.

Kanish: Wired aces or kings?

Mike: Rags. I had nothing. But I figured who cares about the money. I just wanna outplay the guy. I just wanna outplay this guy this hand. So I raised. And he came right back over the top of me like I'm some fuckin' tourist. So I hesitated for like 2 seconds and I re-raised.

Kanish: Re-raise?

Mike: Then he looked at me. Looked at his checks. Looked at his cards and looked at me agian. And he mucked it. I took it down.

Johnny Chan: Did you have it?

Mike: Sorry John... I don't remeber. (priceless smirk on Kanish's face)

Then I got up and went to the cashier. I SAT WITH THE BEST IN THE WORLD! AND I WON!

Kanish: You put a move on Chan, you son of a bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> movie quotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum