VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troy Smith vs. Vince Young

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Troy Smith vs. Vince Young Reply with quote

(I know this is way off-topic for this message board being that its not completely geared towards Softball ball-busting! I apoligize, and promise I will have new insults for Smitty & Greenwald tomorrow!)

Vince Young, in last year's National Championship, looked like a grown man playing football against a bunch of little kids. Troy Smith, in tonight's National Championship, looked like a 10-year old playing against a group of high school seniors. The media has tried to link these two, but that’s an insult to Vince Young to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Troy Smith. This 100% guaranteed NFL bust really deserves to be mentioned in the same breath with legends like Detmer (Ty & Koy), Klinger, Wuerfeul, & Torretta!

Last year, the Texans had the chance to take the hometown hero Young with the 1st pick of the draft. This year, the Browns may have the chance to take their hometown hero Smith with the 1st pick of the draft. The main difference is that Young SHOULD be the 1st pick in ANY draft even if his hometown was Anchorage, Alaska. He may be the most gifted QB (in terms of height, speed, unconventional, but effective throwing accuracy; and most importantly: a true winner’s mentality) of all time. Now, this doesn’t mean I think he will be the best of all time. Just that his talents are limitless. A truly no-brainer #1 pick. Troy Smith, on the other hand, looks much more like the reincarnation of Andre Ware. When he and Chris Leak hugged each other after tonight’s game, it looked like Howard Stern’s Bettlejuice was hugging Jermaine Dupri. He’s a midget who isn’t even that fast, without a big time arm! I know the experts before this game projected him out to be like a mid 2nd rounder. But, after this game, I wouldn’t be surprised if he went undrafted! If I were the GM of the Browns, I would rather use my 7th round pick on LeBron James than Troy Smith. At least LeBron has good height!
Y.A Tittle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: 2 bums Reply with quote

dear mel kiper
Joey my boy allow more wisdom to be bestowed upon you...Ive seen all the greats Sid luckman , Slingin Sammy Baugh, Norm Van Brocklin etc..and believe me lad Young and Smith BLOW!!!! There is no skill in V Young sending receivers all on deep routes then taking off...It is 2nd rate school yard bullshit ...He will become a hunted monkey for defenses dont look kindly on that shit.. Orangatang boy 3 step 5 step shot gun look for check-down options that is a qb...Marino_Elway -Manning_Farve -reading scanning adapting to coverages now that my boy is a field general....Dont buy into the glitz ...Hand these athletes not real qbs Young,Vick.Slash around spalding ball they dont deserve the pigskin
Respectfully,George Halas
Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Vince Young Reply with quote

First, like I said, just because Vince Young has all the tools and make-up of a great QB, doesn't mean he will become one. I believe he will, but that’s just my feeling. But, lets get some things established right now. You hate running QBs and you are a tad prejudice towards black QBs (which is more than understandable.) And this has been a bad combo in the past (like you mentioned with Vick, Kordell Stewart, Quincy Carter, Daunte Culpepper, Randall Cunningham to an extent b/c of his 610 SAT score, among others.) But what about McNabb or McNair? Neither has won a Super Bowl yet, but both have been there and both have been among the elite their entire careers. And both started out as run-first QB, but transitioned themselves into very nice pocket passers. This is what Vick, Cunningham and others haven't been able to do. They were way too BLACK & DUMB (aren't those synonyms?) to make the transition to the proper way to play the position. But, I think Vince Young will be more like McNair & McNabb, and maybe even better than both of them. He has that confidence about him, like he always knows he can win! He has that weird delivery, but his height (6-5) makes up for it. His accuracy is underrated and will obviously only improve with time. But, its those intangibles & play-making ability that make his potential limitless. I know he didn’t do well on that pre-draft test, but what does that mean? Nothing. He’s football smart, which is all that matters. So, enough rambling about serious sports conversations and lets get back to the ball-busting!

Sincerely yours,
John Greenwald (Headmaster of the KKK)
CK1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To some people, Vince Young, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham, and even Warren Moon are all the same person. Comparisons of Troy Smith to Vince Young have more to do with complexion than they do with merit. It is the same reason Adam Morrison gets compared to Larry Bird rather than Magic Johson, or Warren Moon to Randall Cunningham rather than Dan Marino.

And I agree with you, Joe. Vince Young is no guarantee to succeed, but he appears to just have "it."
Southern Poverty Law

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: has anyone seen Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the owner of this site? We have some questions about Hate group activity on these message boards
Randall Cunningham

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Michael Vick Reply with quote

Michael Vick is in fact the same person as me. About 10 years I decided against a sex change operation to Whitney Houston and decided to go with a new and improved young limber quarterback. Glad we straightened that out

sincerely, browning nagle
Whitey Ford

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Browning Nagle Reply with quote

Nagle Lover;
Whitey Ford vs.Bud Black?
Whitey Sullivan vs. Tommy "Coal"Coyle
White Shoes Johnson vs.RedMiller
Reggie White vs. Blue Moon Odum
Danny White vs. Dennis Green
Snow white vs.color purple

see a pattern
Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Patterns! Reply with quote

Very clever patterns, Mr. John GreenwOLD! I am very surprised you manAGED to think of so many “Whites” in sports. I didn’t think you had the suffi(AN)CIENT brain power to think of so many color-based sports names. But, your knowledge of (PRE)HISTORICal “White” athletes is very impressive! Here is my list of the following players who should qualify for the BCS (Bleach Coloring Series) Championship next year!

Jermaine DYE vs. Barry BLONDs
Marvin HAIRrison vs. SUNny Jurgensen
L’OREALnzo Neal vs. Maurice CLAIROLett
PERM Edwards vs. Marty MornhinWIG
Rashaan SALON vs. Steve “CONAIR” McNair
Mr.Mellow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Calming Influence Reply with quote

Nice use of hair tie ins Skippy...How these4 you son!!
Mean Joe Greene
Ted-Mad stork-Hendricks
Hank -the angry drawf
The Mean Machine(longest yard)
Al -the mad hungarian-Hrabowsy
Mean gene Orkerland emcee extradiaire
Angre Agasssi
Oiler great Dan Pissedorini
"PissedTol"Pete Maravich
Daryl -the mad bomber -lamonica
Always happy,Harold"happy Hairston
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum