VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let me be the first to make excuses for Peyton Manning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CK1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Let me be the first to make excuses for Peyton Manning Reply with quote

As a certain left center fielder likes to say in a valiant attempt to get a rise out of me, Peyton Manning is the greatest football player of all time. That said, there has to be some reason(s) that he alone will account for at least 3 turnovers in another abysmal playoff loss, so let's try to figure out what those reasons could be:

(1) While he is the greatest player of all time, this only applies when he plays regular-season games against teams that the Colts are significantly better than.

(2) While they are calling for an unseasonably high temperature of 55 degrees on Saturday in Baltimore, it may go down below 50 at game time. Peyton likes the dome temperature to be set on exactly 72 degrees. It allows him to perform at his "best player of all time" level.

(3) His offensive line won't block for him again, despite the fact that they have one of the top five best lines in football.

(4) Baltimore has several players that played for Florida. While Manning is the greatest football player of all time, the Patriots, Florida Gators, and the outdoors are Manning's kryptonite or achillies heel.

(5) He was unable to perform with the persistent rumors going around that the Colts were going to bring in the legendary Tee Martin to help get them over the playoff hump.

If anyone can think of any other possible Manning excuses, feel free to add them.
The LCF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: No Arguement Reply with quote

First of all, I think Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all time (not player). Second, I don't say this to get a rise out of you. I say it because I believe it. And, I also said that I will not argue about Peyton Manning again until he wins a big game, because EVERYTHING was setup for him to win last year & he lost at home to the 6th seed! Albeit a very hot 6th seed. But they still lost. No excuses. He’s never won a big game. I agree. His 4 career playoff wins were basically byes! (Denver twice & KC twice). And, if they would have been playing a real playoff team last week & if he didn’t get the enormous effort that he got from his defense, they probably would have been knocked out last week. He made 3 awful throws that usually cost most teams the game in the playoffs. But, they won. And after those 3 ungodly bad throws, he played pretty well. So, I’m not going to kill him for that game. But, this week is HUGE for his credibility. I would say if he won this week, it would be his first big game win of his career (Although the Chiefs were 13-3 a few years back when he went into K.C. and won). The Ravens are a tenacious defense and it will be on the road. There is no debating who has better big game credentials: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. But, there is also no debating who has played on the Team of the Decade with one of the greatest defenses in modern history. But, like I said earlier, I’m not making any excuses for good ol’ Peyton! lol
Coach Dungy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: MY BOY Reply with quote

I'D like to offer some props for my boy
(1)Do any of you know how hard it is for a gay man to pull away from a man bent over holding his ball?
(2)As a gay male how do you think he feels when he looks to the sidelines and his plays are sent in by his skinny ,gaunt aids stricken black headcoach
(3)How much time do you think his dad Archie and mom Edith spent with him when he was obviously gay..Didn" they have enough problems with the Jeffersons moving in next door and Mike taking Gloria and little joey to Cali..??
(4) And 1st and formost the man is in the big Colts shadow of the man Fat Jack models his hairdo after Johnny U..
Hugs to all,Andy Dick
Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Dungy: What a Joke! Reply with quote

Talk about Big game chokes. Tony Dungy is the truest definition of a big game joke. He's never won a big game. His old team, the Bucs, won a Super Bowl right after he left. And he's supposed to be a defensive genius, which is why the Colts hired him in the first place. They figured, with Manning running the show on offense and Dungy on defense, there would be no stopping them. And while Peyton hasn't shined YET in the big game; there's no arguing how dominant the Colts offense can be. But their defense under the wizardry of defensive guru Tony Dungy, continues to be one of the biggest jokes in the NFL. If they lose to the Ravens, Peyton will be criticized. But Dungy will be looking for work!
Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: NO EXCUSES! Reply with quote

Let us also note the following: QB is the most important position in professional sports. But, QBs can't be measured simply by championships in the way great basketball players are. Michael Jordan never had to leave the court and watch his horrendous defense get pushed around the court. Also, he never had to depend on his offensive line to give him time to make a big jump shot. Or, along the same lines, depend on his “idiot kicker” to make a big field goal at least once in his career! But, fortunately for Tom Brady, these are never concerns. His defense always came up big. And we know his kicker, time and time again, did too! You say Manning’s offensive line is one of the top 5 in football. And you also say Manning is a fantastic regular season player. But, his offensive line is only one of the top 5 units during the regular season too. They got completely confused and bitched up by the Steelers last year, and left Manning running for his life! But, like I said in the previous post, I’M NOT MAKING EXCUSES!
Jon Gruden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: EXCUSES Reply with quote

yES i DID WIN A SUPER BOWL IN TAMPA AND YES IT WAS DUNGY S TEAM!! did I win in oakland with MY team ...no...have i won with MY team in tampa ???no i m a 4-12 team coach...no excuses huh? well son you now have the biggest money,clutch kicker in NFL history on your team will it be his fault like you claim it was Vgagt"s this year? Come on little camper admit it they like the eagles are a better team with the backup QB bring in Sorgi and pop the champagne in indy
Touchdown Tommy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: So Lucky Reply with quote

"Touchdown" Tommy Brady is the luckiest human being ever! If he were drafted by the Browns, he would just be another Drew Henson. But, NO, not for Lucky Tommy! He was drafted by the team of the decade, with the defense & clutch kicker of the decade. Not to mention, the most brilliant coach of the decade. With the officials insuring his "LUCK" during that Raiders game in the snow his 1st year! "Tuck" this, Tommy!

Peyton Manning, on the other hand, is so unlucky that he will probably be down 22-20 with 13 seconds left in the AFC Championship against the Patriots on their 18 yard line. And Vinatieri will trot out for the game winning 35 yd. FG. And as hes about to kick this chip shot, the 1st future HOF kicker will notice Touchdown Tommy's beautiful dimples and hook it left! Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady is like me & Quinny in poker. We could be all in and I can have QQ against Quinny's J-10, and I'll lose this showdown with Quinny EVERYTIME! So people are blessed with luck, and some people are just fucked in this department! Not to mention, that faggot Brady isn't even that good looking!
Tom "3 Rings"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: MentroSexual Reply with quote

Payton,
You ugly asses hillbilly fuck....You and your brother and dad look like the men from "DELIVERENCE"...The three of you from above look like Keith ,Juddy , and DEnofa you balding illiterate auldabling deuche-bag...The inbreeding in the manning family has produced a series of small testied playoff chokers...The way you stare at Jeff Saturday"s ass on the center exchange prohibits you from seeing our changing defensive schemes...Ive made a career out of making late round picks like Troy Brown,reclamecion projects like Jabbar Gaffney,locker room cancers such as Corey Dillon Super Bowl Champs!!!!And you deep throater let"s see, Harrison 1st rd pick future HOFer---Wayne 1st rd. pick from the U. perrinnel all-star---Clark early 2nd rd pick---E james 1st rd. monster back from the U.--Addai 1st rd .rookie stud back---and yet you have 0 rings on your hairy palmed hands...ditto daddy and eli.....The omly brother in your family with a title is your older brother Danny who took an underdog Kansas squad one his back and won a NCAA title ...He cut down the net and you wear a hairnet you pussy.. so kiss my beautifull dimpled ass... TD TOMMY
Peyton Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Finally! Reply with quote

I wonder how many QB could drop back to pass on 4th down for the season and come up big (lol) with an interception for a 1st down! So, he could of tried to throw to one of his own players, but why not test his luck by throwing to one of the Chargers, have him catch it & then fumble so Lucky-Ass Brady gets 15 yards and a first down! Tom Brady really makes me ill. Everything ALWAYS goes his way! He puts up “one of those usual Peyton Manning playoff performances” and advances to the next round. BIG SURPRISE! How about very early in the game when his pass got tipped straight up into the air and Clinton Hart is just sitting there all alone waiting for the easiest pick in NFL history and he just coincidentally drops it! If that were not as lucky Manning or McNabb throwing it, Hart would have caught it and returned it for a touchdown easily. But not Touchdown Tommy! Why does he even play football. He should just be a professional lottery player. I'm sure he would hit atleast 2 jackpots a month! How about when he threw that deep pass on the last drive and his receiver caught it with 4 yards of sideline and coincidentally went out of bounds. Because, if he would have scored, the Chargers would have had to score a touchdown, but at least they would have had a timeout and the 2 minute warning to work with! BUT SO WHAT! I’m glad they won. I never root for the Patriots, but I am thrilled they won. Because now Peyton gets his chance at home against Brady and the boys! All those years of being a perceived choke will come to an end. When Manning lights them up and advances to the Super Bowl, all the doubters will be silent! So, maybe Brady’s unbelievable luck will be to the benefit of Manning FOR ONCE!
CK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who shares similar feelings as Wolf about Tom Brady, and as someone who lost an obscene amount of money on that fluke-ass play, I hate to stick up for Tom Brady. However, the thing that impresses me most about Brady is that he doesn't give a god damn about what has already happened in the game. No matter how bad he's been, he thinks like a winner. Fragile Peyton, on the other hand, spirals downward because of his mistakes.

I can't really knock Peyton this week, because he got a huge win. I was set to finally give Manning props this week with a win. With all of his previous big game failures, what better a way to exercise those deamons than with a win in a hostile environment against what is considered a better team with a dominant defense. But since Peyton was less than overwhelming while his defense played out of their minds, we'll have to call this week a push. Peyton's legacy is still on the line next week.

Peyton may have wonderful mechanics and may call regularly call audibles at the line of scrimmage, but Brady has already won this game. Manning is beaten in his mind. Tom Brady could simply give him a staredown before the game and, since Manning is so decisive in a coaching manner, he'd promptly grab a clipboard and send in Jim Sorgi.

Since we know that won't actually happen, Manning will most likely show up and make several mistakes. Brady probably won't make any. If he does however, he'll recover. Peyton won't.
Chase Utley Manning

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: FINALLY!!! Reply with quote

THIS WILL BE THE DEFINING GAME OF PEYTON MANNING DEBATE! Colts-Patriots in the DOME! FINALLY!!! Is it just me, or do the Colts play the Patriots every year (sometimes twice in a year) in Foxboro? But finally Peyton gets his home game against Brady. And the last 2 years Manning has faced the Pats in New England, he has torched them and won convincingly. But, it was the regular season. NOT THE PLAYOFFS! But, it may serve as a sign that Manning has finally figured out Belichick’s schemes. We will see!

Peyton hasn’t put up his usual huge numbers, but I don’t think he’s played bad. It hasn’t been pretty, but he’s put his team in a position to win both games, which is what he is supposed to do. Manning has 1 TD pass and 5 INTs this postseason. Horrendous numbers. But, besides some miscommunication with Marvin Harrison, Manning was pretty pin-point in the Chiefs game. (Side note: with the amount of time studying defenses, do you really think Manning was on the wrong side on those 2 picks involving Harrison? Who knows? I seem to side with Manning being correct with where the pass & Harrison should have been, but who knows. However, Manning gets all the criticism for being a big game choke, but what about Marvin? That no-brainer future HOF receiver has been completely INVISIBLE in these last two games. He better get his act together, because if not it will be Manning, not him, who will get ALL the blame!), And the Ravens game was just one of those gritty, fight for every inch, defensive battles. And at least this time Manning’s defense didn’t fold under these conditions. And his second INT in that game was a 3rd & long, throw it up deep and if it’s picked, its basically a punt. So, I won’t fault him for that.

BUT THIS IS IT! ALL PEYTON MANNING DEBATES END THIS WEEK! He finally has the Patriots at the RCA Dome. He finally has a defense that is playing better than any unit this postseason. And he finally has a kicker who won’t choke worse than a deep throat whore under pressure. This is it! If he wins, all the Peyton Manning advocates will finally be proven right. (Second side note: You think you see a lot of Peyton Manning commercials now, wait to see what happens if he wins this game and the Super Bowl. You’ll see Manning on TV more than President Bush, the Geiko Cavemen, & Jared Fogle combined!) But, if he loses, those same advocates (me especially) should SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum