VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

greatest video games of all time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tqatsju
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: greatest video games of all time Reply with quote

in no particular order

10.) King's Quest
9.) Wrestlefest arcade edition
8.) Snake on the TI-82 calculator
7.) Kaboom!
6.) Super Mario Brothers
5.) Pitfall
4.) Madden 92
3.) NHL PA 92
2.) Tecmo Bowl
1.) Mike Tyson's Punchout

honorable mention because they're so bad:
10 yard fight
Berzerk (some guy died playing it, don't believe me look it up) i think because not only was it a reallty tough game but it reminded you of the board game operation, if you hit one of the walls in the game not only did you lose a life but it made a sound like EEEEEEEEEERR just to mess with you more and scare the shit out of you.

honorable mention
police quest 2

I wrote this in about 5 seconds so i'm sure i missed like 100 games but those are the ones off the top of my head
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lono

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me or was Super Macho Man tougher than Tyson? That fucking spin-punch he did was unstoppable.

Also, I would like to nominate Tetris for the most addictive game of all time. Play it long enough, and everything you see starts to break down into Tetrises.

Two games that were great that weren't on your list were Streets of Rage 2 and Road Rash. I think I might buy a Sega Genesis on ebay just to play them.

-Paulie Walnuts
Lono

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, how much does Soda Popinski look like Tony Dungy?

-Paulie Walnuts
Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: nice call Reply with quote

Oh My God! Soda Popinski is a caucasian Tony Dungy! Good call Dave!
Super Macho Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My super spin punch is totally tough!
CK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wolf omitted RBI Baseball because he can never beat me in it ever!

In fairness, he did beat me once, which is more than I can say for anyone else on the planet.
Smitty Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Greatest games of all time Reply with quote

10. Pole Position (It had its day)
9. Super Mario 1
8. Tekken 3 (PS1)
7. Grand Theft Auto 3
6. Doube Dragon (Arcade and Nintendo)
5. Royal Rumble/Wrestle Fest (Arcade)
4. Contra (up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,ba,ba,select,start)
3. Super Mario 3 (Best selling game of all time..still!)
2. Madden '92 (Welcome best sports game of all time)
1. Mike Tyson's Punchout*

*Everyone knows exactly what to expect and can anticipate every move of the computer like it was choreographed, but yet it is still fun as shit 20 years later... winner hands down..no game is close!
---Also can beat everyone in the game including macho man and sandman with no problem at all...i mean no problem....i'm not sure i can beat tyson right now though!

This list wasn't real thought out, but sounds pretty good to me. This is like trying to list the top ten movies of all time!
Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: RBI CHALLENGE Reply with quote

What's funny to me is that Smitty writes "2. Madden '92 (Welcome best sports game of all time) and then in the same breath puts ANOTHER SPORTS GAME ahead of it (Mike Tyson's Punchout) at number #1!

But, anyway, Kiefer is right! I only beat him one time in my life in RBI Baseball. However, even though I haven't played it in about 6 months, I am a much tougher challenge now than I used to be! I would like to personally challenge you, CK1, to a best of 3 tournament. We could even make a small wager on the series. I don't think I would win, but I do think I would atleast take the series to Game 3! NO SWEEP HERE! My new team is the Detroit Tigers. Every guy in the lineup hits HR's!! Kinda like the Full Moon 2 (minus Smitty!!) lol
DaEvns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the Tigers myself, but you can have them. I will go ahead and be the Twins. They are clearly the 2 best teams. I think I could complete the sweep with the Giants, who are probably the worst, but if we're wagering I'll play it safe. Even money says that you don't get one of three!!!
CK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....And by the way, Smitty, beating Tyson is like riding a bike.
Cus D'Amato

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny, CK, that's what Tyson said about beating Robin Givens.
Yours Truly,
Dennis Blundin

PS: Double Dribble was ridiculous, as was Hoops for Nintendo. The one girl player in Hoops could hit a half court shot every single time. Don't forget Tecmo Bowl either.
Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: It's a bet! Reply with quote

So, you're saying we play 3 games. And if I win just once out of those 3 games, I win the bet? An even money bet? If that's the case, you are on! You can have Kirby Puckett, Kent Hrbek & the boys! I’ll bring Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammall, Darrell Evans, & Matt Nokes to this HOMERUN PARTY! (Side note: I personally think the Red Sox are better than the Twins, but how could I question the opinion of the most established & advanced RBI Baseball player on the planet??)
Robin Roberts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: GEEKS!! Reply with quote

finally a group of dweebs who make Keith's life seem meaning full....
Hooked on Phonics

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Did you graduate high school, Greenwald? Reply with quote

Next time, Mr. Dumbest Student in the Class, try these alternatives for "meaning full": The popular choice is "meaningful." This is how most non-retards would spell it! But, if you are dead set on the multiple word use, try "full of meaning!" But, I do like the effort lil' Johnny! You are indeed the Dexter Manley of our softball team! A very good player who can't read or write!!
DEX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: GENIUS Reply with quote

I will take criticism from the homeless,a bagger at Shop n Bag,A turban wearing gas pumper ,Hell I'd take advice on playing RCF from KWOLF BUTT I wont take it from anyone who is old enough to reproduce who plays video games..Put down your joystick and do something cool like count the 500 miles at Daytona,watch dogs get stuck together fucking anything!!!!
CK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was gonna be my next question, Wolfie. Would you have to win one of the first two or would we play three games regardless of the first 2? We can play 3, that's fine. I think even money is fair. You can name the amount. Throwing strikes or anything goes?

The Red Sox are right up there as well. My brother always used them, I'd go with one of the other two. Then again, I always killed him, and then he'd beat me up. They might be a step below, though. The Mets should be good since that team won it all, but they're really not.
Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: RBI Reply with quote

You know what, how about this. We'll play 2 for an even money bet, and I have to win 1 of the 2 games to win (you pull off the 2 game sweep and you win the bet.) But, if you do sweep me (like you almost definitely will), then we go double or nothing on a 3 game series (where all I have to do is win 1 game out of 3. But (if by some fluke) I win the 1st bet, then we can just go double or nothing on 1 final game! I think that sounds pretty good.

With regards to the style of pitching, I'll leave that up to your liking. I really don't care if we play straight pitch or anything goes.
Little Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Wait Reply with quote

Wait, no fair you are cheating. You said throw all straight pitches and that last one curved!!!
CK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Wolf, you goin to Steph's house tonight? If so, bring a NES and RBI. (sounded a little les gay than saying bring your Nintendo)
JW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: MY JOYSTICK Reply with quote

oh yeah i'll bring my games..Im gonna wear my POWER RANGER pajamas and TEENAGE NINJA TURTLE robe TOO!!Maybe we can play cowboys and indians too..Why dont you bring your Betty Crocker oven and I'll bring my sno-cone maker...Yippee I hope we can stay up till 9:00 playing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum