VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO MORE BITCHING & MOANING!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joseph David Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: NO MORE BITCHING & MOANING!!! Reply with quote

Here is my official pledge..... in writing! I WILL NOT YELL AT A SINGLE MEMBER OF MY SOFTBALL TEAM DURING THE ENTIRE 2007 SOFTBALL SEASON! This is an absolute promise! Not one peep during any one of the countless, pathetic Kevin Wolf outfield blunders or Smitty's pointless attempts to actually make a half-decent defensive play! I will be completely silent in the outfield. (This is all your gonna hear from me this year: Great try Smitty! You almost had that ball that was thrown directly to your chest! Not a bad effort for the most pathetic alcoholic in Rhawnhurst, Kev! Its OK that you walked 6 guys in a row Keith! Just worry about the next guy! You look pretty fast today Sparks! I actually like the sound of your voice, Johnny G!! ) Thats it! Just uplifting stuff! If it weren't for all the ridiculous catches & mile long bombs I will undoubtedly hit, you wouldn't even know I'm there! I never meant any ill will with my yelling. I just thought we needed some fire, which I was more than happy to ignite. BUT, NO MORE! NO NEED! We are a championship caliber team now! WE KNOW HOW TO WIN! WE EXPECT TO WIN! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! My yelling now would be pointless. So, I wish all my loved members of the defending fall league champions a great & fruitful season & why not do it again? WINNING IS MUCH FOR FUN THAN LOSING! (P.S. I just noticed.... I am very exclamation point (!!!!!) happy with this post! It probably has to do with my newfound, optimistic outlook on life & softball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thoughts!)
Dr. Smitty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

The previous post has an expiration date of 4-14-07.
J. FRANCO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: KINDER /GENTLER WOLF Reply with quote

Joesph;
Dear young protege...Well done today,you did an amazing job biting your toungue....Your play at SS was an inspiration!!!F ... John Mac and all Mac's B4 him and any who come after him....It takes a true Utley like leader to watch K Wolfe-M Smith-K Patterson go a combined 0/20 and remain upbeat....Im left to wonder what that "C" on KP's shirt is doing there when a Messier like captain resides at SS...It was an honor to reward your efforts with a walkoff 450 ft.opposite blast ala David Ortiz..I can only hope with your new found team love and my continued hall of fame raking along with my left- handed mirror J Cass we will continue to bring wins and smiles to our adoring MOON PLATOON fans...In closing it was good to see your gold - glove canidate 1st basemen get that 1st error out of the way on the 1st swing of the year..Ground ball to J. Wolf - - - chest high throw to 1st....yada,yada,yada..GO MOON PLATOON!

Love you kids ,Julio
Smitty Hates His Elders

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Hmm.... Reply with quote

I am now not sure who I should hate more...Keith or Johnny G. .... I think Julio Franco finally died too!
Your Truly,
Smitty
j franco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: false death reports Reply with quote

gen.franco of spain is dead..julio lives!!!!!!45 and going strong...Jump on enjoy the ride boys ....GATORS did it can the MOON PLATOON go back to back!!!!!
The new Shortstop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: We Got HIGHHHHHH HOPESSSSSS! Reply with quote

Let us not bash each other for meaningless mistakes and/or too many birthdays! We are not a team of ball-busting assholes anymore. We are a softball family! (Although we still bust each others' chops from time to time, but only in jest!) Let us vow to no longer type mean or hurtful things on Quinny's wonderful website. Only type pleasant & encouraging things. We are champions. Let's act like it!

Now, let me lead by example and compliment my wonderful teammates......

Props to Dennis Sparks. He has come into this season 100% focused & determined to take his softball game to another level. He has hit nothing but hard line drives (in the exhibition games and Sunday’s double-header) and has played a very steady infield. Congrats to you, Dennis. Keep up the good work.

Now, let me discuss the most improved defensive player on the team: Matthew Smith. I think Smitty played great defensively on Sunday. He made a couple really nice grabs on low throws from me that were near the dirt. (And the one he missed on the first play of the game was a bad throw by me! I was a little nervous and threw Smitty a real shitty high throw. Sorry Matt. That definitely goes down in the scorebook as an E-6!) My point is: Matt Smith is not just improved defensively; he is now officially a defensive ASSET to our team!

And our loyal veterans, Johnny G. & Glea! What can I say that hasn’t already been said about you 2 timeless legends. Once again, you both showed why you are 1st ballot HOFers! Glea continues to come up big in every important situation, including the Game 1 tying HR! And what can I say about my hero, Mr. Greenwald. As I sat on the bench right before the bottom of the 7th, I felt pretty confident we would score the one run we needed to win. But, you never know & I was still very nervous. I didn't want to see us with 2 outs and only a man on 2nd base. But, Johnny G. put an end to my nerves in a blink of an eye. OPPOSITE FIELD, WALK OFF, GAME-WINNING HOMERUN!! SEE YA! (I have already begun to study, dissect, and incorporate the opposite field hitting ability of our 2 senior members. They have been around the block and know all the secrets in the book. They, quite simply, will do whatever it takes to be successful at the plate (and not use their ages or diminishing strength as excuses.) I just hope others on our wonderful, youthful team start to mimic our two great veterans and add an opposite field ability to their own hitting repertoire. It will make you and us (as a team) even better!

And finally, how about Quinny! He is like Anthony Munoz protecting the plate! Nice grab T.Q. on Cassidy’s mediocre throw (lol) from the outfield. Even Brian Wolf got a nice jump on a foul ball and made a good catch for an out. And he finished the game with a couple nice line drive hits. You have taught your protégés well, Johnny G.!
Good Smitty Claus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Damn... Reply with quote

This really is a new short-stop... This is all starting to come together now.. Joe was out the other night with a old russian immigrant and rather then insult his age, heritage, and political background, he opted to buy the gentleman drink after drink and wished him well with his ventures in the new land. This then led to complimentary cheers on the field to his fellow teammates and thus led to the smoking of our first opponent for a 2-0 start. I welcome our new shortstop to the field and Mr. Franco, although you are quite old and decrepit, I might actually start to try and emulate (sp?) your batting style to incoporate my power with some opposite field hits. I wish everyone a good year except for one player... Johnny Mac!
yours truly,
Smitty
happy julio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: love fest!!! Reply with quote

I have bought in on your kindness General Wolf..Captain is not a high enough rank for a man of your ilk!!1Let me start by saying we have 13 or 14 boys with bad sideburns...Only the distinguished Mr.Smitty with his salute to Luke Perry has the proper mutton chops...Well done Mr.Smith...

2)Anyone can catch a can of corn flyball,it takes a true professional to line it up,circle underneathe it,call for it then drop it...Well done drunken bastard.

3) It would be easy to throw a 1st pitch strike to get ahead in the count like most pitchers do...But alas Keith does it the right way go 3-0 then battle back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum