VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HEART!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One of 9-10

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: HEART!!!! Reply with quote

just a word of kudos to the 9 men(special shout out to D.Sparks for getting there on special request) though we were without our entire starting middle on "D"...SS/2nd/lc, which also constitutes our leadoff/3hole/5 hole batters we stayed in both games losing 2 close 2 run games....Props galore to Mr."MAGIC MITTS" Matt Smith who made a 45 yr.old SS---a 15 yr.old 2nd b-man---and a decrepid old 3rd b-man.look OK...Matt made the difficult look routine and the impossible -possible...He saved a few errors on fantastic scoops and incredible body first blocks..The best game of 1st basemenism Ive seen in quite some time...While several lads had troubling days at the plate there was no quit and several hard hit outs...hopefully this effort by a team of back-ups and out of position players will carry over and rub off on those who chose not to attend this week....while I dont believe in a moral victory or the good old college try I do applaud a lets go get em---100 percent effort set of games today...WELL DONE!!!!!!
Smitty Coach

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Rally Time Reply with quote

Good positive post for God's sake on this site!!!... First of all, tremendous kudos is echoed to D. Sparks for showing up today and for actually showing-up!! and second to everyone there who played to the end. To say it nice that was the best two loses I have ever endured...however I am a super dedicated player on this team and really just want to put these last few weeks behind us. We are now two games under .500 and this is a championship calibur team (I truly beleive that). I want to move on and whoever didn't come and whatever games we lost, who cares. But moving forward I want to see the same intensity and giving a fuck from everyone there. To be honest the guys who didn't come this week don't need any help in intensity and caring about playing. A pitcher, who seems to be taking things more seriously. A team patting each other on the back. A defense that gets better and better. Lets play some goddamn softball people. Starting with the game this Friday for the Lounge and continue that same winning momentum into our Sunday games. I want to win this damn thing again. I love softball and look way forward to playing (probably more than I should). I urge everyone to put all the crap behind us and move to putting a championship ahead of us!

--Smitty Out

PS: Expect nothing less than a 0-8 batting appearance from Matt Smith since Dina Smith will be attending the game on Friday..sorry in advance..jk...
Joe Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Thank you, boys!! Reply with quote

I honestly apologize from the bottom of my heart that I wasn’t there today. It was part because it’s mother’s day & I hadn’t bought my mom/Steph a gift yet & partly because no one woke me up (even though I didn’t drink Saturday night, I was still up until 4:00 playing poker at my house.) But, ya know what? If I had a better taste in my mouth about softball, that stuff wouldn’t have mattered! I would have been there. I would have been up at 7AM with a hard-on for getting out on the field. I used to love softball as much as anyone. Before we were even remotely good, Smitty & me used to just love the chance to play a simple game of boundary ball. But somewhere, that true love got somewhat lost. Before today (and I say before today, because its sounds like you guys who were there really showed a lot of fire, which I really, really love to hear), it seems like we are going through the motions on the softball field. And, for me personally, it all culminated when we only had 10 guys to play Rockledge last week. You see, these are the only games that really get me fired up. Penny’s, Rockledge, and playoff games!!! That’s it! I always want to win & play as best I can. But, those teams are the ones that really make me fuckin’ ultra-hype!!! And, when we were missing Smitty & Braun (they are obviously excused because they have Tuesday night work obligations), but also Brendon, Danny Bucher, Jeff Judge (what a joke he is), and others & we couldn’t go toe to toe with our best against the Rockledge, I think I hit a boiling point of frustration!! And it’s not even that we couldn’t face the Rockledge with all our horses, it’s the fact that the ones who were there didn’t show any heart (me included.) If we would have lost 19-13, but showed a real grit & fire, I wouldn’t have even minded. But we got clowned from the first pitch & the game was a blow out the whole way! But, like Smitty said: Who cares!! I am extremely happy & inspired by how you guys fought tooth & nail today short-handed!! And, I apologize again for today, but I really hope we can all show that same intensity this Friday against the Rockledge! After our first beating, I told Keith that I didn’t think (even at full strength) that we had the right mix of players to beat them!! And, I really believed that because we have been completely stagnant since our inspiring 7-run comeback in Game 3 of the championship last fall!! We really, as an entire team, played out of this world last fall. I still get chills when I think about it! We just refused to lose, and EVERYONE did whatever they could for us to reach our common goal: OUR FIRST TITLE!!! I always believed we could play at that level, but we made believers out of everyone last fall! But, during the winter or something, we lost it! It’s hard to explain how or why, but we lost that fire! But, maybe you boys regained it today. Maybe, we’ll show our true colors on Friday & lay the fuckin’ wood to Rockledge (and in the process, let them know that we don’t just hope we win the Jardel championship, we EXPECT to win the fuckin’ thing!!!) Thank you boys for re-igniting the fire today & I am really proud of the effort you guys displayed! I am also very excited to hear that Smitty displayed the defensive prowess that I always knew he could!! NOW, I can’t FUCKING WAIT for Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And I never miss another softball game as long as I live!!!!)
tqatsju
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: BOUNCING BACK Reply with quote

I feel bad about last week's game i think we all can hit better (me included i've been terrible this season). Let's get our bats going and I think we can get into the playoffs and possibly win a championship again. Despite Johnny g's taunts of my knees being weak lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr.Libido

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Using the Right Wood!!!! Reply with quote

please boys lets start focusing on the softball tasks at hand...kindly leave the little he- said she- said shit for your days off....I dont care if KP pitches naked all day if it makes him a better hurler.....if your mad at your girl-barber-bookie-bartender leave that crap at home!!!your teammates are your family for 90 mins.a couple times a week give them the respect/effort you put into other things you care about...Lets start playing as if were underdogs with something to prove not the lazy unmotivated fat-cats we've portrayed (poorly I might add) ourselves as so far....100% effort-100% of the time!!!!1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum