VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I play for you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DWAYNE MAC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Can I play for you? Reply with quote

Please guys I dont want to be run over by the longshot express...I saw your undermanned team demolish the game but outclassed RHAWNHURST squad last night....I was touched by Mr.Greenwald's play as he dedicated his effort to his fellow senior JULIO FRANCO who was released by the METS..It hard to have someone you broke in with in the 50's lose his job but the professional that he is he went out and played a remarkable RCF...Quinny started the evening lashing his 1st of 2 blistering line drives followed shortly there after by homeruns from veteran leaders GREENWALD and GLEASON...The 1st step albeit a small one has been taken,please let me enjoy your quest for championship glory.Any squad good enuff to overcome the abscence of the ALOU brothers is a team I want in on....LOVE YOU GUYS...The good fielding MAC
the truth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea! I'm glad you & glea were able to "come up big" (lol) with 2 hr's against the worst team in the league-- the rhawnhurst cafe. It's nice to know that "regular season or meaningless game warriors" like yourselves are able to dig down deep & come up with that little extra when it really counts! oh wait--- the longshot could have beaten the rhawnhurst cafe just as easily if they would have replaced u two dinosaurs with your son wade & b.wolf! where were these two hrs from the "veteran leaders" last sunday when the team really, really, really needed them ??? if only julio franco could have been released last sunday! then maybe you two old ass choke artists could have showed up in a REAL GAME!!!
THE SHOW-UPS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: PLAYOFFS Reply with quote

2 less than great days by the heart and soul of the team and the team flops....Sad statement indeed..W/o these 2 leaders who dont expierence letdowns,bring outside issues to the ballpark just play the game there is NO playoffs PERIOD !!!!!!!Like all leaders there does and always will come a time when youth must be served...It say's much of these 2 consimate professionals that they set their bars so high as to have a less than great day stick out so....Who amongst the teams youth will ever step up to replace the #s these aging legends put up?When if ever do the JETER like intangibles these warriors possess transfer from YODA to LUKE....MIAGI to DANIEL SAN from WADE GARRETT to DALTON...As SCHMIDT and AROD B/4 them, all even the greats have uncharacteristic off days its what others around them do in these moments that define how a TEAM does....If the Phils or Yanks or Pats rises above the off days of their players then no-one recalls MIKE S.,ALEX R.,JOHN G., THOM G.'s having not lived up to expectations....LOVE,GLEA
J.Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I stepped up in the biggest games of the year this past Sunday & was easily the best player on the field for our team. But, that's exactly what I expect! I made every play in the field (including another web gem diving catch & big time throw-out assist from the outfield) & got a hit every time I came to the plate. But, why wouldn't I? That's what I used to doing: Coming up big when it matters most! I used this regular season as a form of spring training. I tried different things at the plate & struggled some. I also had a broken finger & sprained wrist most of the season, but I'm not one to bitch & whine like a little girl. And really.... I didn't really care. It was the regular season. No big deal. I started the season playing shortstop because... the team needed it.... even though I didn't want to play there. Then, it took me some time to adjust back to the outfield. But, so what? Regular season is the perfect time to work out the kinks in your game. And now I am playing OF like I've consistently done in the past..... RIDICULOUSLY!!! And I've never felt more confident at the plate then I have these past 2 weeks. So, after we beat the Rooster & get ready to face Penny's, I know for a fact I WILL BE READY! I know I'm gonna hit & I know I'm gonna be a terror in the OF! I just hope you guys are ready to join me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum