VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rhawnhurst Softball Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCa$$

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Rhawnhurst Softball Address Reply with quote

Four Quinny scores (with chicks) and several years ago an asian bartender and a fat drunkard brought forth upon this neighborhood a new softball team, conceived in Mediocrity, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equally terrible athletically.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that team, or any team, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure (like TQ with those chicks). We are met on a great battle-field of that war: vanillaafro.com We have come to dedicate a portion of vanillaafro.com, as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinions that that team might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this website. The brave men, living and dead and/or incarcerated i.e. Tony, Bobby Balls-Out, Gene, Dobb,McKeever, Yank, Dave Lon, Joe the Jew (he didn’t play for us, but he deserves a mention), etc., who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the still playing, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us — that from these honored released we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion — that we here highly resolve that these terrible, no longer Full Moon/Longshots/Pats/whatever the hell we are at the moment former players, shall not have been asked not to return to the team in vain — that this team, under Keith (hopefully not so far under as to be below his waist), shall have a new birth of freedom — and that a team of the unathletic, by the unathletic, for the unathletic, shall not perish from the Rhawnhurst area .

All Praise be to Alejandro Pena,
Cass

P.S. I think it's time for me to retire...Consider me a softball consultant.
Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I'm back in high school trying to read Shakesphere!! Can't you type up the cliff notes version of your post that tells the story of the Gettysburg Softball Address in plain, easy to read English. My brain hurts!
Jeffrey Spicolli

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Mr.Hands Lecture Reply with quote

What the....? Ive never been more befuddled...Did he say Keith just won America's next top Model? Was he claiming Johnny G was a civil war draft dodger?( Damn it he was only 9 yrs.old in 1863)...Or perhaps he was claiming Mike Braun was the Illigitimate love child between Mr.Rourke and Tattoo ...Ijust dont know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum