VanillaAfro.com Forum Index VanillaAfro.com
Where men are men and afros are afros

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ozzie" Matt Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: "Ozzie" Matt Smith Reply with quote

Matt Smith has probably played about 200 softball games in his young career. And, he has played 1st base in just about every inning of all of them (He has in the past split time there with Glea, and also played other positions for a couple innings at a time in joke games when we all switch postions.) So, I would say Smitty has about 1200 innings of defensive experience at 1st base, which works out to be about 171 complete games at the position. Isn't it very, very, very sad then that his best defensive performance ever came this week at a postion that he has NO EXPERIENCE playing: SHORTSTOP!! He has had 4 years of spring & fall double-headers to atleast shine ONCE at the position he sarcastically "mans" each game, and he has been painfully unsuccessful doing so. However, he somehow manages to go from the easiest postion on the field (besides catcher of course Quinny) to the most challenging one; and play his best defensive game ever!!!!! Well, doesn't make a whole lotof sense. But maybe Smitty will take the defensive momentum of playing short like the Wizard of Oz into the playoffs. And maybe, defensive game 172 at 1st base for Smitty will be atleast a little less pathetic than the embarrasingly awful 171 defensive blunders that came before it!!!!!!
Smitty Champ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Surprised Reply with quote

I knew I was going to see posts sarcastically praising uncle ricoh at short stop but I defeinitely thought that you were going to give some credit to me for playing first base. I am not looking for credit in terms of me playing the position well but rather it is acutally a difficult position to play in its own way. You have to catch every ball thrown to you and maintain footing on the base no matter where the ball is thrown. I believe that first base is the most under rated position on the field in terms of difficulty. I have seen you and Cass go over there, who I can consider some of the better defensive players in the whole league, and seen some balls dropped that "could" of been caught.......

Unlce Ricoh no longer play first base, he only plays short and bats third, but lucky for you, Smitty plays first and bats tenth. See you in the playoffs!
Smitty Champ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Uncle Reply with quote

I would also have way less errors if every ball came in perfectly to my glove, chest high like Uncle Ricoh delivered all last game. thank you... lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VanillaAfro.com Forum Index -> other suggestions for new forum topics because these all suck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum